A job hunting is an extensive process whether it is for a student searching for jobs in Malaysia after graduation or an experienced employee searching for their next job change. But, sometimes getting a job faster might mean you compromise on some factors.
We have created a short guidelines to help you plan your job finding in such a way that it will lead you to a great job without any compromises.
- Write down your dreams and goals on a paper – A job search for your dream job first begins from narrowing down to what your dream is! List down what are the aspects that are important for you in a job, what field you want to work in and what are the job profiles that excite you. Make sure this is written where you can see, so you know every day what you are working towards this goal.
- Make a schedule – A job hunting is also a task, and those who don’t treat it like one fail to succeed in it! Finding a suitable job takes a lot of time and it is like an iceberg, others might be able to see only the interviews but below is the solid preparation of mock interviews, resume preparation etc. Create a schedule of at least 3 months with all the activities to get the job.
- Create a resume – You will start finding job vacancies pretty soon on your job search process but unless you have a great resume it is all useless! The key to finding success in job hunting is having an impressive resume.
- Apply multiple job postings – If you have the luxury of time in your job search you can pursue just one job from application to interview. But in order to find a job quickly, you need to pursue multiple leads and attend multiple interviews simultaneously. You should attend at least an interview a week to optimize your chances of finding a job.
- Prepare for interviews – You should be prepared to attend an interview at any given time! Mind your body language, communication skills, and voice modulation. The better you are prepared, the more confidence you will have in yourself. This way you can attend an interview on even short notice!
- Use every channel possible – When you want to go fast and furious in your job search, you need to cover all the channels possible. While you should sign up for all job portals and networking sites like LinkedIn, you should also register at Jobseeker Malaysia.
- Tell & Ask everyone – If you are a fresh grad, you shouldn’t be worrying about this and if you are already working then you should be careful about not disclosing it in office. However, you should ask people for opportunities in their companies and tell them you are interested. Start networking to find opportunity.
- Put more effort than usual – Make a resume, apply for jobs and attend interviews is the standard procedure for every job search. But, when you want to get a job quicker you need to put in more effort. Ensure you customize each resume, attach a cover letter and revise your resume headline. Recruiters will love to see that you have put in the extra effort to catch their attention.
- Don’t remain idle – If you are already working then it’s not a problem, but if you are out of Uni and looking for new jobs then you shouldn’t remain idle at home. You should start working on voluntary jobs or take up internships in the field you want to work in. This will show that you are hardworking and love to take initiative, and will help you get a job sooner.
Make sure you plan your job search according to these tips and you will soon find yourself with offers for jobs after graduation! For more such jobs, register at jobseeker.my for free sign-up.